13.8.09

Vulnerable

To be vulnerable is to be accepting of any damage. They say heartbreak comes easy, but love is hard to find. As much as I believe I have found it in you I struggle to stay open. To love you is to risk everything, to risk not being loved in return. Yet, here I am in your arms risking it all. This is me wanting you to want me more than you've wanted anything in life. This is me changing to accommodate you, to fill in all the empty spots that claim your heart. For you I have become vulnerable. I've enabled myself to experience all of the trials that love throws my way. For you I have rid myself of every shield past love affairs has brought along. I have wiped away every stain left behind from smeared mascara. I have bared every scar, because I truly believe that you will except me as I am. You will take my distorted skin, and my battered mind, and you will impress upon it all your tender care. I believe that if I stay open and allow you to do the same for me our love will blossom. So for you I shall remain open to all mental and emotional blows. For you I will become vulnerable.

Vulnerable by Alanna D.
A goal of mine is to self-publish a book of poetry inspired by photography. I truly think that writing is what I'd like to do in life. =) (models in photo Shaun Ross and Dalia...both are albinos. I think they are beautiful!)