24.8.09

Just Thinking...

[If you have read the collaboration I did with @andyxaccidental this summer entitled "Light the Fire"...a series of love letters, then you've probably read this before.]

Attention by Alanna D.


I walked about the park for hours.
I sat in the dark surrounded by the trees looking down at the path only dimly lit by the full moon that towered over me.
I laid down upon a park bench allowing the cool night air to send chills down my spine and raise my arms hair at attention.
Attention.
Attention.
Are you listening to me?
Attention.
Attention.
Are you even looking at me?
Attention.
Attention.
Can’t you see that I am broken?
Broken and alone here without you as you stand at Attention.
I lie in my own arms.
I rock myself to sleep.
I strain to see my dreams through my tears…that only help blur my shattered reality.
All because…I am the only on at ATTENTION!
You say you are fighting to stay alive for me. Yet I am dead, and my joyful presence has only but withered away. Do not fight for what has already died, fight for what struggles to live.
I love may be able to survive any war. But my heart, my heart is so weak…I am surrendering all that I fought for. As the months have dragged on into years I have lost myself within them and I have given up all hopes of keeping myself sane.
Do not fight for what has died.
Only fight for what struggles to survive.

Sincerely,
Yours.


If you haven't read the collaboration, and would like to read it then