8.9.09

Last thoughts...

Here are my last thoughts of you...this is what I promised myself.
Here are the last remnants of you, and I, both of us together.
Here I sit with your symbol sprawled across my chest, in large
capital letters.
No need to describe your symbol with various adjectives.
But here its sits upon my bosom...perfect.
It moves up and down with the short breaths I seem to be taking, all because...I've
seemed to remember you.
This here symbol seemed to go back and dig up the last few things I recall of us.
I seem willing!
Willing to bear all that is you...I know I was then.
I am the minister, and you my Love, you are Hester Pryne.
The symbol is the Scarlet Letter.
It hurts to look at but I have known for a while now that I am to bear it.
I have always worn it!
But you see THIS, THIS IS MY VERY LAST ODE TO YOU.
THAT IS A PROMISE I'VE MADE TO MYSELF!
That this symbol will no longer be a symbol.
And the sharp motions coming from my chest will come to a stop.
And the large capital letters will no longer form a very abstract version of your face.
THIS SYMBOL WILL BE NO MORE THAN A PLACE.
AND YOU, well you will be no more than a memory past that I can only hope to
forget, but know in my heart I won't.
At least not so soon.
But here...here are my last thoughts of YOU.